Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Liebster Award (for writers/bloggers)

 

The Rules!
  1. Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them: Cheyenne Trumbo (thanks again)!
  2. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator. 
  3. Nominate some other bloggers for this award [I'll get back to this once I bond with other authors because I really have no one I could turn to at this point, I suck, I'm sorry--I don't know many people]
  4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer: I don’t feel like coming up with new questions, (much like K.R. Green) so we’ll keep it to the same ten, yeah? (Cheyenne)
  5. Notify nominees.

 

MY ANSWERS!

1. Why do you write?
Because my life is hecka mundane that I need an array of characters to throw into some crazy plots which I can mess around with. And pointless character dialogue, absolutely cannot live without it.

2. What do you hope to achieve with your writing? (E.g. raise awareness of something, tell a story, teach a lesson…)
Characters are a big thing to me, and I just hope that my characters will amuse as well as become memorable beings. I just write in hopes that I can entertain an audience with a good story--and friendships are a huge thing in all my stories so bonding with people (which is something real-life me really sucks at) is some kind of subliminal thing I guess. Haha.

3. If you could go back in time and give yourself some writing advice what would it be?
Take some editing classes, because it would be really helpful to know grammar and formatting, luckily I live in the age of Google. And stop leaving the novel halfway through, I've got so much more work on my hands now. ):

4. Do you listen to music as you write? If so, what sort of music?
Sometimes, yes. It varies. Maybe I'll listen to soundtracks of my favorite tv shows/videogames/movies (Akira Yamaoka, Angelo Badalamenti, Shiro Sagisu, Petri Alanko, Michael Andrews just to name a few favorites), or I'll listen to my novel playlists (and then get distracted and edit said novel playlists). Sometimes it's whatever playing on my iTunes at the moment. I also like background sounds Coffitivity is great!

5. Where do you get your ideas from?
People, really. Or from other characters (from one particular series I absolutely love, haha). I can meet a person or see a person and instantly feel a "novel connection" and I get some ideas from their appearance or they way they do something. A lot of my novels start off like that, with just one person I either hear talked about or have seen around. Plots develop afterwards.

6. What is your writing process? Are you a pantser, a plotter or a mixture?
Maaaan, sometimes I'm both, depending. I've started writing a sequel to another novel of mine and I haven't planned anything other than the general idea of its purpose, and now not planning is coming back to bite me in the a** (especially since I'm using this writing project for Julno). Most times I do a brief outline with where I want my stories to go. Sometimes I do detailed outlines.

7. Where do you write best? (E.g. at your desk, in bed, in a cafe…)
For a majority of my writing career (which started when I began high school), I didn't have a desk in my room (still don't aside from dorms). So I wrote everything from my bed, and I've gotten so used to doing all my work in bed that I even write my academic papers for college in bed (unless I'm stressing out which I rush to the quiet rooms in the library and shut myself from the world completely).

8. Is there anyone that keeps you writing despite struggles? If so, who?
I would say my mom, who is a little oblivious about what being a novelist really means, believing that I'm going to be the next best-seller (I don't want to break it to her and tell her most writers make sh*t, even though I partially haveshe still doesn't get it). Other than that, my friends root me on but that's about it. I write generally for myself and in a hopes that I can make good stories for others to read!

9. If you could meet any author who would it be?
A bunch of my YA favorites: Sarah Dessen, John Green, Rainbow Rowell! And if he hadn't already passed, Paul Zindel would have been my ultimate. His YA classics are so wonderful. Such an inspiration!

10. What is your favourite book of all time?
I still feel strongly for Melissa Bank's The Wonder Spot. Her writing style is top-notch, so cut and clean. Seriously, I read that book when I was in middle school and I was so infatuated with how it was written so perfectly. And especially the story; about a girl through her teenaged years into adulthood, trying to learn more about life and about herself (told you, I'm big on characters).

As I said, I'll come back to nominating eventually. But if you read this and wanna do it, I NOMINATE YOU. Get at it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment